The Green Star Elite Juicer
The Green Star Elite Juicer Extractor was developed to extract the maximum amount of naturally healthy juices with all of its vitamins, enzymes, and minerals. Green Star Juicers are ideally suited for many types of fruit, vegetables and leafy greens.
In no time at all, you can even process fresh wheatgrass, barley grass and long-fibred celery stalks into high-quality vital juices.
Tribest has worked to develop a new and improved version of Green Star – the Green Star Elite – so that preparing and enjoying fresh juice will be an even more satisfying experience. By juicing with its powerful but low RPM precision twin gears, there is minimal heat created and a minimum amount of oxygen introduced, thus delaying oxidation
The twin gears gently extract the healthiest of juices for you to drink. The highly sensitive enzymes and valuable vitamins are preserved in the juice during this process.
In an interesting advancement, bio-magnets have been integrated into the Green Star Elite Juicer’s twin gears to optimize the juice quality. These special biomagnets pull more minerals into the Juice.
Green Star Elite GSE-5000 Juicer Extractor Features:
- Automatic pulp ejection for continuous juicing and easier clean-up
- Easily juices most fruits, herbs & vegetables and grinds nuts & grains
- Works as a food mill for preparation of baby foods, sorbets and nut butters
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Portable with balanced sure grip handle for easy carrying
Green Star Elite GSE-5000 Juicer Extractor Reviews:
5.0 out of 5 stars Green star elite juice extractor GSE-5000 By Bowline 48 (Redding, CA United States)
This is the first juicer I have owned. I did extensive research on the different types and manufactures. After considering the pros and cons of each I felt the Green Star GSE-5000 would be the best for me. It certainly lived up to everything the manufacture claimed. I don’t think there is any vegetable it will not juice. I have juiced carrots, celery, kale, chard, dandelion greens, beet greens, parsley, cilantro, romaine lettuce, broccoli, wheat grass, apples, garlic, ginger, lemons, beets, etc. The end product is only the juice as the pulp comes out a separate chute. Some of the pulp can always be added back to the juice if desired. Clean up is very easy and fast. The key is to clean everything right away. It only takes me 5 min to wash everything and a couple more minutes to dry and reassemble the juicer. All the parts are very sturdy and well made. This juicer has met all my requirements and then some. I would highly recommend it to any one looking for an extractor type juicer.
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Top of the Line Extractor By Raw Foodie
If you are looking for a top of the line extractor that can juice (and, more) anything you throw at it (I’m talking fruits and vegetables, folks), the Tribest Green Star Elite cannot be beat. Also, makes pates and sorbets. Very versatile. Looks good out on a counter. Functions beautifully and as advertised. Large, magnetized double rollers extract as much juice as possible from your vegetables and fruits. Rollers turn at only 110 RPM so as not to heat, and therefore, cook the food. Several safety features. Comes with helpful tools/brushes for cleaning. Looking forward to years of use.
5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best! By D. Walker “DSLRGuy” (Tennessee)
My wife and I use the Green Star Elite juicer several times a day and have juiced kale, spinach, carrots, chard, fennel, beets, apples, ginger, endive, cucumbers, lemons, limes, celery, onions, garlic, parsley, cilantro, cabbage, pears and probably some I forgot about. The pulp always comes out very dry. I also bought the pulp knob designed for fruit which allows the fruit pulp to exit the juicer easier keeping the juice from backing up. The only difference is the spring in the fruit knob is weaker than the one that comes with the Elite. I’ve also used it with the two different homogenizing blanks to make truffles, cracker mix (for dehydrating) and sorbet from frozen bananas and frozen strawberries. Everything always comes out perfect.
Tip for making sorbet:
Put the gears in the freezer for about 20 minutes before making sorbet. Since the gears are metal they will melt the frozen fruit if not chilled before hand and the first part of the sorbet will come out like liquid until the frozen fruit makes the gears cold. If you’re having trouble with the unit shutting down when trying to create sorbet from very hard frozen fruit (the Elite has built in shutdown protection if it detects binding), let the fruit sit for about 5-10 minutes at room temperature before putting through the unit.
Tip for cleaning:
1. Read the manual! The manual recommends using the dull side of a butter knife to clean the screen. This actually works very well. Hold the screen at an angle under warm/hot running water and start cleaning the screen from the inside. Use the butter knife’s dull side to scrape the screen allowing the water to flush the screen from the inside out then clean the outside. This works so well I rarely use the included brush anymore.
2. Use the sharp end of a wooden skewer to clean the remnants from the little recessed areas where the end of the gears fit into the part that goes over the screen. Flush with water. When done with the skewer put aside and let it dry for next time. I can usually clean everything in about 4 minutes now.
3. To prevent or minimize the white plastic parts of the gears from turning orange when juicing carrots try running the carrots through before other items. If you are juicing carrots only then try spraying on some Fantastik on the plastic parts of the gears when cleaning, let sit for a few minutes then brush with a toothbrush and rinse.
I highly recommend the Green Star Elite juicer to anyone looking to get the most juice from a juicer in this price range along with the ability to create sorbet or mix ingredients for truffles or crackers for dehydrating. It’s extremely versatile. The next step up would be the Super Angel at $990 or the Norwalk at $2500 both way out of my budget.