Want To Grow Herbs Indoors?
Growing herbs in pots is easy and there are so very many reasons to grow herbs indoors. Apart from the fact that having living plants inside your house is a lovely way to freshen the air naturally, you will always have the freshest possible herbs right on hand.
A Few Benefits of Growing Herbs Indoors:
- You can be sure that your herbs are very healthy and wholesome for your family, with no chemicals, pesticides or toxins on the foliage, seeds or the flowers
- You will always have the very freshest of herbs right at your very fingertips whenever you need them
- You can grow herbs indoors year round, despite the growing season outside
- The taste of homegrown and freshly harvested herbs will far surmount any that you can buy
- The nutritional value of your herbs from an indoor garden will be at the peak. The vitamin and mineral content along with any particular medicinal properties will be much more potent from your indoor herb garden, than in any herb you can buy
- You will find that you will tend to use a lot more of these lovely, healthful plants when they are freely and instantly available when ever you want to use them
- You will be able to grow a wider range by keeping your herb garden indoor, in a climate controlled environment. There may be many species and varieties of herbs that do not grow well in your climate. These can be tended with much more care in a container herb garden inside your home
- Growing anything living provides people with much fulfillment and enjoyment. The satisfaction of being able to grow and use herbs yourself will be worth the effort you put in
- Growing herbs indoors is a really great way to interest your children in gardening. You can share the growing and they can learn to tend the plants, maybe grow them from seed and right up to the harvesting of the produce.
- You should have an abundance of herbs to share around freely with pride to your with family and friends
- You could look into selling your herb for some extra income. Local shops and markets are good places who may be interested in purchasing fresh herbs. Or you can take orders from neighbors.
- And last but certainly not least, you will certainly save a whole heap of money when you grow your own herbs, be it either indoors or outside in the garden.
Once you have gathered together your indoor growing supplies and started your herb planters, you can share seeds, cuttings and clipping with friends and family for a wider selection. Most herb plants lend themselves very well to being propagated by cuttings.
The ambiance of having herb planters inside will give a natural, fresh and outdoorsy feeling to the inside of your home, that will be appreciated and felt by everyone.
And, you do not need to keep your herbs only on the kitchen counter top either. You could have a little container herb garden just inside your front door, a lovely welcome to visitors.
Flowering and Scented Herbs Grow Indoors!
You can grow flowering herbs in pots in your living area, which will look quite lovely. And if you select the right herbs – will also perfume the air for free!
You could also think about maybe having a windowsill herb garden in front of your kitchen window. Then you will be able to simply open the window and crop a few choice stems and leaves, and maybe a flower or two for garnishing, right when you are preparing your meals. Absolutely the freshest herbs possible, how much better could it get than that!
Make sure to check out the great range of herb growing kits available here: Indoor Herb Kits
Good Planter Pots and Kits For Sale
Nancy Janes P1360 12-inch Stacking Planters with Patented Flow through Watering System and Hanging Chain Terracotta Set of 3
Mini-Garden Stacker- Stackable/Hangable All Season Self-Watering Planter- Indoor/Outdoor Stacking Flower Pot- Great Gardening Gift Idea – Color: Stone
Nancy Janes P1360 12-inch Stacking Planters with Patented Flow through Watering System and Hanging Chain Tuscany Set of 3