Delicious Kefir and Oatmeal Facial Mask
Luxurious organic Kefir face mask recipe! This DIY mask is a great way to help with treating skin rosacea, acne and open or enlarged pores.
Kefir is loaded with protein, calcium, vitamin D and plentiful living probiotics.
When applied topically to your skin, kefir will moisturize, soothe and heal.
Worth making and using it yourself? Yup – definitely!
If you unfamiliar with Kefir, please visit my page for all the Kefir info you need: All About Kefir
Kefir and Oatmeal Facial Mask Recipe:
Make sure you use uncooked oatmeal. You can even use raw, whole oats if you want to. Just pop them into a blender and grind them up until they are smooth-ish.
Kefir Face Mask Ingredients:
- ¾ cup kefir
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Mix the kefir and oatmeal together and refrigerate for 10 hours
- Strain the mixture and discard the solids
- Add the honey and combine well
Using Kefir and Oatmeal Facial Mask:
- Apply the kefir mask to the face avoiding the eye area
- Leave it on for 20 minutes,
- Rinse it off with warm water and pat the skin dry
- Apply your favorite moisturizer
This kefir face mask can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container, for up to five days. After that, any unused portion should be discarded.
More Info On Kefir
If you’d like more information on how to make and use Kefir Skin Care Recipes, please visit this page: How to Use Kefir for Skin Care
And for a little reading and recipes, here are some choice books on Kefir, fermenting and natural beauty care …
- Kefir Honey Cleanser
- Kefir and Orange Facial Scrub
- Kefir and Yeast Facial Exfoliator
- Kefir Probiotic Drink
- How To Make Kefir
- Kefir vs Yogurt
- Cultured Foods
- Sourdough Starter Recipe